I have often wondered who called my name out to God in prayer before I came to faith in Jesus. I was only ten. But surely someone, somewhere was moved by God to call my name out in prayer.
I don’t know all the ways that prayers impacts people, but I know prayer matters. That’s why Jesus told us to pray for God to send “laborers into the harvest.” (Matthew 9:38) That is, we are to pray that God will send people to influence those who don’t know him. We know that prayer plays a role in opening the door to the gospel (Colossians 4:3) so that people believe. It seems circumstances and ideas serve in people’s lives to open or close the door to the good news about Jesus.
When we build buildings, we’ve made it our custom to connect the building with people we care about. We write the names of people we pray for on the steel of the building. That way, we are more apt to see buildings as instruments we use to share the love of Christ with others. It’s not about us. It’s about God’s mission to redeem people.
I wrote the names of the people who were on my “Top 5” list (the top 5 people I pray for) on the steel in our auditorium building. If you were to tear off the sheetrock on the right column that borders the stage, you’d see names of people in my handwriting. If you were privy to my prayers, you would have heard me call out their names to God tons of times.
Since then, many of them have come to faith in Jesus. As they were baptized, I thought back to the day when I wrote their names on steel and called their names out to God in prayer, asking him to move their hearts to trust him as Lord and Savior.
I hope you will join me in a prayerful exercise of writing the names of people you care about on the steel in the new children's building at the Egret Bay Campus. On Sunday after each service, January 18 and after the Gathering on Wednesday, January 21, our Creek Kids staff will give you the opportunity to connect the building with people. I encourage you to write the names of children that might come to faith in Jesus and grow in their faith because of what happens in the building. Write the names of children who have never been to Clear Creek Community Church and write the names of children who come all the time.
When you call someone’s name out to God, it’s a powerful thing too. So pray. Pray for Jason, Amber, Blake and Jessica to have an authentic faith in Christ. Pray for each child to become a fully devoted follower of Christ. Pray that they will make lifelong friends in the facility. Pray that they will have wonderful mentors and teachers. Pray that each child will have an open heart to the good news of Jesus.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14)
I don’t know all the ways that prayers impacts people, but I know prayer matters. That’s why Jesus told us to pray for God to send “laborers into the harvest.” (Matthew 9:38) That is, we are to pray that God will send people to influence those who don’t know him. We know that prayer plays a role in opening the door to the gospel (Colossians 4:3) so that people believe. It seems circumstances and ideas serve in people’s lives to open or close the door to the good news about Jesus.
When we build buildings, we’ve made it our custom to connect the building with people we care about. We write the names of people we pray for on the steel of the building. That way, we are more apt to see buildings as instruments we use to share the love of Christ with others. It’s not about us. It’s about God’s mission to redeem people.
I wrote the names of the people who were on my “Top 5” list (the top 5 people I pray for) on the steel in our auditorium building. If you were to tear off the sheetrock on the right column that borders the stage, you’d see names of people in my handwriting. If you were privy to my prayers, you would have heard me call out their names to God tons of times.
Since then, many of them have come to faith in Jesus. As they were baptized, I thought back to the day when I wrote their names on steel and called their names out to God in prayer, asking him to move their hearts to trust him as Lord and Savior.
I hope you will join me in a prayerful exercise of writing the names of people you care about on the steel in the new children's building at the Egret Bay Campus. On Sunday after each service, January 18 and after the Gathering on Wednesday, January 21, our Creek Kids staff will give you the opportunity to connect the building with people. I encourage you to write the names of children that might come to faith in Jesus and grow in their faith because of what happens in the building. Write the names of children who have never been to Clear Creek Community Church and write the names of children who come all the time.
When you call someone’s name out to God, it’s a powerful thing too. So pray. Pray for Jason, Amber, Blake and Jessica to have an authentic faith in Christ. Pray for each child to become a fully devoted follower of Christ. Pray that they will make lifelong friends in the facility. Pray that they will have wonderful mentors and teachers. Pray that each child will have an open heart to the good news of Jesus.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 19:14)

2 comments:
I can't wait to write my 3 girls names on the steel posts of the new building. What an incredible journey ahead for all these children.
Thank you for this awesome opportunity! My son and I wrote our names and a few extras. It wasn't until I got home last Sunday that I realized what an impact it had on me. I, little old me...a wife and mother in League City, am a part of the building of this new church. I am a part of something that will change the lives of so many people. I am truly blessed to have made my mark on that steel. Thank you so much!
PS: I'm just praying my 4 yr old doesn't start writting on the walls at home! HA!
Check out my blog, I blogged about the steel signing.
Blessings to you!
Post a Comment